The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fish Goddess
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Ill just start with my tanks specs, i have a 29 gal tank with live rock and dead base rock. In the tank are 2 false clown fish, a purple firefish goby, and a yellow watchmen goby.
well and my new coral beauty i added 2 days ago.

I have some questions about the coral beauty. its seems like all of my fish are afriad of him. he glides around the tank going in and out of my rock, and if he passes my goby he hides. If he gets in a looking distance of my firefish he swims away. My clown fish avoid him and get upset if he gets near. my poor goby didn't even get any food tonight because of him. the coral beauty hasn't hurt anyone but there all afriad of him. will this go away? do they need to get used to him?

Also what do they eat? i usally feed my fish brine shrimp and some flakes or pellets. i got a seaweed sheet and a clip for him but he didn't really seem interested. he picks at the rocks but i don't think he will find a whole lot to eat.

thanks for the help!!

·
Fish Goddess
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well hes defiantly the biggest thing in the tank, about 2 or 3 inches. im guessing but he looks like that. he was the smallest one they had for sale.

·
Fish Goddess
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if they never warm up...how do i catch the coral beauty? i would have to take him back because i love my goby :)

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
So if they never warm up...how do i catch the coral beauty? i would have to take him back because i love my goby :)
worst case, tear down the tank, best case you can get him with a net, but you can also try a trap, but that only works once so if you miss, it will not work again for awhile! fish are a lot smarter then most think!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
My suggestion, you need to get the coral beauty out of there. It is only going to get worse, as you have too many fish in the tank and not enough room for all the inhabitants to have their own territory. Saltwater tanks are not like freshwater tanks, meaning the more occupied the tank becomes, the more aggression you will get from the fish toward one another.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Fish Goddess
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well today...
the goby still not a fan of him and for some reason the clowns are fighting more than they normally do. the female is kinda chasing the male. is that because of the new fish?

·
Fish Goddess
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i gave back the fish (i was lucky at catching him) and got a mushroom rock instead.
but the clown is still harassing my male one. he will swim away and them rush toward him and i think bite him. but he still follows her around.
and for the first time ever....my clown fought my firefish. he was trying to bite the other clown near the firefish. but as he rushed to the clown the firefish jumped in and attacked. i was like 0.0. so i turned off my lights to calm them down. what can i do to stop all this fighting??
its seems like since i put in the coral fish it messed up there territory. will they work it out on there own? should i turn the lights back on? or leave them off...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts