The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new juvenile blonde naso tang believed to be make as his tai find are just starting to show signs of streamers. I got a great deal through lfs who had tried to order him for me for weeks they had an issues with the distributor so i ended up with a young male which i wanted to didnt want to pay the typical $200 tag that comes with their size so the shipped a medium about 5" and I got him for $62 . Even though i understand they are not nocturnal mine stays up later than my Harlequin tusk and spends most of his evening eating the dried seaweed we hang on clips. He has a few white dots that aren't ick and his stress spots have disappeared after transport... all the fish se to accept him in the tank but think he just hasnt found his spot yet . Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I've very patiently waited for him and for the right time to add him as my last fish for my dt. I'm watching him like a new mommy lol. Even my husband things I'm being overly cautious. I did lower my salinity a little from the normal 1.024-1.025 that I keep my reef aquarium normally at to 1.022. I've read mixed reviews that it can help stressful transitions and help maintain a healthy immune system during that transition. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Any other helpful tips are greatly appreciated since they are a sensitive species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.