The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost, we're celebrating today...
We went out to brunch then hit 1, 2, 3 stores, 1 lfs and then met a club member to get my new frags! So here they are; a green tree capnella and an :banana: orange ric :banana: (not that I'm happy about that or anything)... then I'll show off my cake and my birthday fountain pressie as well! It's a good day!
Oh, officially my birthday is wednesday, but I may be working 12 hours that day so blah... ;)

Attachments

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh argh, wish they'd be side by side... ah well, full lighting and actinics. Now here are my birthday pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow! nice corals lmao (I'm the one she got them from)
Really nice picts Jess and I'm glad the ric opened right up for you.

Hope you have a happy birthday.
P.S. your mailbox is full at RC

kass

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
wow that three thing is cool looking, got a pic of it open? and welcome to TRT kass03.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that capnella tree is tipping over on me; I'm hoping it's just a little stressed and comes back. The xenia did that after I moved them in and out and it took them a few days to get their groove back. I like the little tree and it softly fluoresces so I really want it to hang in there and open!

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:agree: thanks a bunch! :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Those are some great frags! That ric kicks butt! I have one that is just like it... got it in your area of the woods at the conference and swap. I love mine too.

Welcome Kass!

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh I wish Dr F&S was my neck of the woods!!! They're all of 2 1/2 hours from me, and they're closed on sunday which really stinks. If they were open then I could swing down that way on our way home from the cabin and get stuff and bring it home right away.
You know, we were kind of disappointed with the store, we thought it would be bigger with more of everything. The coral display was nice, the fish were very sparce. I'm sure the conference was killer tho, wish I could have gone... but I saved a lot of money by not going! Kass was there! Hey, did you buy your ric from her?!?! She's about 5'6", blond... wouldn't that be something!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It takes about that same amount of time for me to get there too. It was totally worth the drive. I was a little disappointed in the store too but, if I had seen the coral center I would of been in shock. I got to see some pics and it was totally huge.
Anyways... I got the ric from the store. There weren't very many soft corals left by the time we got there, which was around 10am. Most of the frags left were ones that I didn't have the lighting for... mh's. I guess that xenia went like wildfire there. Dang! If I would of know that, I would of had my friend set up a frag area (and get a free nano out of the deal) and sell a bunch of them.
Sorry, I don't remember Kass. There were a lot of people there. I take it she was one of the frag sellers. I didn't really stop at many of the frag stations if they didn't have anything that I wasn't interested in.
I'm soooooo definitely going, again, next year. Next time I'm going to reserve a trip to the coral center and, hopefully, be there for the entire conference. I was only there, this year, on Saturday. Maybe I'll get to meet you there next year.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ok, I'm way screwed up on my areas... sorry. Superior is totally in the NW area. Eeeeeeek!!! I tried to delete the Superior thing but it wouldn't let me edit it out of my reply.

·
Super Moderator
27,055 Posts
Jessica! Those are some beautiful frags! Looks like you did well for your birthday :dance:

Happy birthday, early ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts