The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I had a quick question. I have a 29 gallon Bio cube with 22 gallons of live rock that has been cycling for a week. I am composing my stock list to add in about a month or two when cycle is complete and my parameters are perfect. I want to add the following:

2 false percula clowns
1 Serpent star
1 Yellow watch man Goby or a Pearl Jaw fish.
CUC
A few zoos and shrooms

I am torn between the jaw fish and the goby, but i also want a fish that will sift sand and be compatible with either of these fish. Suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should i get the goby or the jaw fish. I am torn, i know i cant have both. Which one has the best personality?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
I love my pearly jawfish, but he's a little more high maintanence than my watchmen. The jawfish needs much deeper sand - I'd say about 4" minimum. He also doesn't come out at feeding time - you have to make sure to target feed right by his hole or he won't get any. My yellow watchman pair are much more visible and come out and get their own food. Also lots of fun if you pair them with a pistol shrimp - seeing him come out is rare but a treat. :p So both are great in their own ways. I think the jawfish has more personality but you don't see much of him - just his head most of the time - and is more work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts