The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my tank is getting full to the point where i am going to have to stop adding coral soon.. thanks go out to geoff for the frags and sump :D

..your rbta also inspired me.. that thing is way cool looking.. so i went out and grabbed a slightly less flamboyant looking but still very cool one :D ..he has neon aquamarine accents and bright orange tips that dont show up well in this pic

anyway.. here is my tank as it will probably stand until i get something bigger to move it all into. its a 24g aquapod with 14k 150watt mh. no skimmer or sump or fuge or anything at the moment, just big water changes every 10 days or so

it has been running for around 5 months now.. time to let it grow and see what its going to do :D

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
LOOKS GOOD......i like these lil aquapods and they seem to be very popular.....kinda making me want to setup a MINIREEF!!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,074 Posts
Looks great!
Lots of good growth there :thumbup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! the growth has really taken off since i replaced the stock lighting. its such a dramatic difference that my roommate doesn't even want to buy my stock PC hood anymore.. he was going to take it to get a tank of his own started, but after seeing how much better the MH setup is he is waiting until he has one for himself lol.

in a month that green paly rock in the middle of the tank has almost doubled in size, and each polyps tenticles are much longer and brighter, and my huge zoa rock is starting to grow up onto the circular rock above it.

all of my liverock is that circular aqua cultured stuff petco sells.. i didnt like it at first, but man.. it is now all totally covered in all kinds of coraline and clams and tube worms.. little star fish.. lots of baby brittle stars that started dime sized and a couple are now half dollar size.. ive gotten so many good hitch hikers and such good coraline growth that now i like my rocks more than a lot of real rock that i see.

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
You may want to put some rubble around the xenia as well. Not only for frags but for easy removal as to avoid it taking over your tank. Wish I would have done that with my green star polyps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts