The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Family!! Pat and I went to the LFS today and we checked out there new store that they will have completed done and in full business in a couple more weeks or so! This store is going to be really awesome! They have 6- 300 gallon ponds in this huge room with several tanks and they are going to have FW as well!

As you walk in the front door to the right is going to be a huge amazon display and waterfall!! They were tearing it down again as the guy who put it up did it wrong and it had several leaks!!:eek: Going to have a giant mangrove display which will feed into several large SW tanks!!

This is going to be one impressive LFS in the Northwest!! He said I could take all the pics I wanted when it is all up and running and believe me I will post them so ya all can have a look see!!:)

We did not leave without picking up:
1. 25 more snails
2. A acro staghorn coral for Pat
3. A frag of button polyps for Pat
4. A brown stem coral for me

Here is a pic of my little addition to my tank:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clint if my ID is correct it is a Pocillopora damicornis(cauliflower coral)!! Wrong or Right?

I hope there is no commensal shrimp or crabs hiding in the branches! Did not see any!

It says in Eric Borneman book on corals that despite slower linear extension rates, the growth form hides much of their rapid calcification and increase in colony volume.

They do best in strong, turbulent water with strong lighting which I have at the upper third of my water volume!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts