The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been secretly setting up a 29 gallon tank for the past month, im not far into it, but i do have some pregression pics, im getting more live rock sometime this week, alot more, and i have some ideas for this tank, but i need some help. I dont really know what kind of gear i want to pt on it.
I need to figure out what kind of skimmer to get 9 i was thinking corallife super 65). and my lighting situation. send some ideas at me, but in the mean time check out my pictures.

Heres when i just filled it, like maube 3 days into it

Anybody like techno?

Sandstorm!

Rocks

Pitiful amount of live rock :'( thankfully i am getting a bunch for free forma friend

side tank Shot

What it looks like today.

· Registered
827 Posts
When you pick up more rock, try and find as large pieces as available that will fit in the 29. I have a 29 myself and would love to try and help answer any questions you have.

I have a 30" sunpod 150 hqi, love it! and am very happy with my Tunze 9002 skimmer (no chance of floods too).

· Registered
53 Posts
Nice, I am also in the process of a 29 build, pretty much DIY everything from the stand/canopy to the overflow/sump and even have a DIY lighting kit getting buttoned up in the garage (175 watt SE metal halide). I have just over 55 pounds of rock cooking now and progressing nicely, cant wait to see how yours turns out!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.