The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i got my new lighting which i know hasnt been the most liked brand Odyssea. I took the plunge despite what i heard about the older models thinking that maybe the new ones are alot better.

I have the 480w 36'' metal halide setup with 2x175 20k HQI and 2x65 Actinic PC and moonlight. Each having their own plug for a seperate timer. I have the brand new 2006 model with aluminum casing for both the fixture and ballast.

Some of these threads have got me worried about it with hearing about fires and not working after a few months or so and you get what you pay for. Lighting is extremeley expensive and this the only thing i could find that fits my needs money wise. I just dont think im willing to pay 500+ on lighting.

Well i guess my question is that does anyone have any experience with their new and improved models. I have heard bad about the older models but relaly havent heard much on their new ones.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
GFCI stands for Ground Fault Interrupt. Sorry can't think what the C stands for right now.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Check out the threads on safety issues with these ebay units on RC, I understand that they do not have a grounding prong in some models for the plug...

:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts