The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just purchased what is to be the beginning of a 15 gallon nano reef setup. I already have a 55 gallon setup and thought it would be interesting to try this out. So today I made half of my purchase for the tank which includes

-15 gallon perfecto tank

-1 koralia nano 425gph powerhead

-aqualife 24" t5ho set (possibly need to upgrade?)

-Aqueon 20 gallon power filter(not using skimmer)

My next purchase will consist of the rest of the equipment which will be

-30lbs live aragonite sand

-50 gallon bag of neomarine salt(better choices?)

-marineland 50w stealth heater

-algae cleaner

That should complete my inital setup and afterwards will let my tank cycle until its ready for the live rock to be put in. I would like to know if there are better choices for a light setup as I would like to house LPS and softies and was wondering if that lighting system would keep them happy. I will post pictures as I go along and keep updating to show my progress.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
do you mean aquaticlife? if so can you post a link of the light you have, i one on my 30gal. holding tank and i have alot of sps under it and everything is doing fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sorry I did mean aquaticlife it is the aquatic life t5ho marine light fixture.What all would i successfully be able to hold under one of those?
And I plan on adding the rock immediately once I set the tank up in the morning for a quick cycle, thank you. :)

I was also looking at night time led setups and was wondering which would do best for corals? I saw the ecoxotic stunner strips and thought they would be nice but maybe I should go with the powerbrite setup instead. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonderful, I'm not in a rush for moonlights yet as I am just getting ready to set the tank up now. Yesterday I just purchased a digital therm for the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts