The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Rock guy
683 Posts
first off looks like you have really done your reserch. ill start at the top and work down at what i know
first off get your own RO/DI filter, with that much water do you really want to carry home 100g lo water? and with 20% water change thats 20g, thats a lot, get your own

as far as fish goes, sounds good to me, i keep smaller tanks but thats a big tank so they will have room

i would say sump over wet dry, with that much rock, and no coral, it will work great and let you hide your skimmer, for the refugium, you dont need it, you could always put some cheato in there to help with nitrates, doesnt need much care after all

ok curing over cooking, one or the other is needed, curing will help cycle the tank and get the rock ready for fish, cooking will kill off most life on the rock, except bacteria and some other good stuff, but it kills all the algae, and most importantly it helps pull out all the nitrates and phosphates out of the rock, making them better in the long run, but not needed. It really is a matter of opinion. i cooked my rock since it had some algae on it, and it was half cooked already so only took 3 weeks, look into it more in the bare bottom section of the site,

qt, for those fish a 20g might be better, petco has the summer sale where a 20 is only 20$,

other than that you sounds like you will be fine, you already plan on taking it slow so stay keeping it slow, keep reading, and overall have fun

· Rock guy
683 Posts
stand looks great, as soon as the rock is cycled all together you can start adding fish but add them real slow to give time for the bacteria to spread around
for the stand are there any middle braces? that would be my only concern
just get a few friends and stand on it, if it can hold 800lbs than your good, if not than dont put any water in the tank, just the cat and call it good

· Rock guy
683 Posts
what other water movement do you have? i feel like the koralias light be a little small for a tank that big,
and where did you get your love rock, is it better than live rock? maybe makes everyone happier?

· Rock guy
683 Posts
wow where do you live we dont have them where i live, i dont know how great the return flow is, i have never had a sump, i just wanted to get a koralia 750 for my 20g so i figured 2 for 100, one of use had to be crazy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.