The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Made it back to Okinawa, and would like to soon start a saltwater tank or two. Hoping a member would know a good place to buy a hand net. Had a clear plastic one many years ago (bought in FL), but can't seem to find anything on the web search now. Tips or suggestions would be most appreciated. Looking forward to chatting and posting my pictures on the site, in the near future.

r/
mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, to catch fish on the reef. They have some monofilament hand nets in the local area, but I know there's a better net for safely catching the fish...I just can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help.

r/
mike

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
The mono-filament aka gill nets work the best for bigger fish, but it can cause some damage. If you are a diver many fish can be caught with clear plastic bags. If not a net on a rope in sandy bottom shallow water. Drop the net, put some bait in the water, then putt net...
Just asking, but is there some reason you want to catch them your self? Some fish can be quite difficult to catch and are best left to the pros. I usually just go for clowns, puffer, and lion fish. Sometimes a wrasse or two with great difficulty.
Net fishing is kinda you get what you get, it is a bit harder to get specific fish.
God luck, and try not to get the net stuck in the coral, which is another problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts