The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Do You Smell That?
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Reefers,

I have an older model Coralife Chiller, Aqua Chill 1/4 hp I got off craigslist almost a year ago. I remember it working when I bought it and when I brought it home. Anyways, last night I finally wanted to add it to my tank after all this time its been sitting and I let it run a 10 gal bucket of water and it did AMAZING bringing the temp down to 66 degrees. This had must of been the temp it was set on or default then it kicked on back at 69 degrees until it cooled down to 66. When I hit the (SET) button like the instruction say to program the temp I want NOTHING happens :doh:

I was up all night taking it apart checking everything and still nothing. My question is this. If the temp controller is not allowing me to set the temp I want on the chiller its self would I be able to control it when I plug it into my APEX controller???

Thanks,

·
Banned
945 Posts
I was up all night taking it apart checking everything and still nothing. My question is this. If the temp controller is not allowing me to set the temp I want on the chiller its self would I be able to control it when I plug it into my APEX controller???
Yes, you can.

The Apex Controller will directly control the chiller, there is even a mode for that. Just set it to kick on at, lets say 78, and turn off at 77. I do the same program with some CPU fans.

Oh also increase the action time on the program. Or else you will wear out the chiller in two days! (Temperature probe fluctuates somewhat)

·
Do You Smell That?
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Harry.

What did you mean by
Oh also increase the action time on the program. Or else you will wear out the chiller in two days! (Temperature probe fluctuates somewhat)
?

I just hooked up the Apex last week so im learning everyday with it. Any help would be great!!! I think its AMAZING so far...lol

·
Banned
945 Posts
The following code will keep your tank temperature between 79 and 80 year round.

[Chiller]

Fallback ON
If Temp > 80.0 Then ON
If Temp < 79.5 Then OFF

[Heater]

Fallback ON
If Temp < 79.0 Then ON
If Temp > 79.5 Then OFF
If Temp < 70.0 Then OFF

The <70 is in case the temp probe fails and gives you a false reading

·
Banned
945 Posts
No, just heater. Tank ran cold for some reason; without heater would be around 74.

On the Nanocube I run a heater and a Aquabreeze fan, controlled by apex. The smaller the volume, the harder it gets!

·
Banned
945 Posts
Cool, well I mean hot...well 76-78.

So you don't need to run the brain on the 1,000 heater you just got?
I thought I didn't. There was no Apex. Heater failed. Killed every f****** thing. I don't want to talk about it- Im in contact with JBJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts