The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Steve had the day off and took me to see Finding Nemo. I can't say enough about this movie. It sure hits a lot of "life lessons" and parenting (letting go) and so on. I LOVED this movie!

**A client came over two days ago and brought her 5-yr-old daughter with her. Her daughter raced to the reef tank and started exclaiming, "There's Dori! There's Dori!" and then jabbered all about Nemo and his Dad and all sorts of things and was asking me where other "characters" were. We have a 4-yr-old pair of true percs in yellow polyps. Well, I hadn't seen the movie yet. I sure can appreciate that child's excitement now at seeing such a huge "Dori". She won't see that in the local lfs. Although we stopped by Uncle Bill's Petshop the other day b/c we were in the vicinity, and they had a huge stock or teeny tiny "Dori's". Kinda broke my heart. They aren't that hardy, especially at that size.

See the movie. I think we were the only childless couple in there.

~ Shirley :)

·
Super Moderator
22,401 Posts
ShirleyM said:

I think we were the only childless couple in there.
~ Shirley :)
Shirley, ditto on your review and comments of Nemo,,,
oh,,and WE were the other childless couple in Indiana to go see it too!:D

·
Administrator
47,619 Posts
Shirley, I saw it with the 3 oldest grand kids last sat in Washington. I loved it prolly more than the kids. Oh and I have a "friend" that eats at McDonalds that gives me the fish toys, I have Gill, Dora, little crush, Bruce, and the puffer on my puter monitor at work :)

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! I have two, and a student actually called me up and said she had Dori for me b/c she'd seen our tank a few times! And another friend found the shark for us! (I can't remember all their names, but we have Nemo and the one on your computer labeled "Doug"

~ Shirley:)

·
Administrator
47,619 Posts
Doug is Gill, which is what my daughter has called me for years when I get on tank obsessions, whatever those are ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,667 Posts
Ruh roe...I may be the last TRT'r that hasn't seen it. Hmmm..I wonder if McDonalds gives out those toys with Veggie Burgers? ;)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Heres mine I thought you would all have them by now Im sick of eating McDonalds to get these fish :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i gave up on trying to get them all. everytime i go they only have Gill, the morrish idol, and they always say "oh we have the blue toy, the shark" grrrrr

·
Registered
139 Posts
Time to go to MickyDee's then!! still looking for little crush and pearl.... :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Shirley, I went on a saturday matinee by myself ( hubby was at a conference). I must have been the only adult without a pile of little kids at my side :rolleyes:

Don't care, I'm glad I went :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
weekend box office gross is in. Nemo did better than ever moive. Even dumb and Dumberer. Maybe the public is getting smarter and is actually going more for quality than just a dumb jokes.:)

·
Administrator
47,619 Posts
GAwd , how any one could go see that sort of thing is way beyond me, and I am warped ;)
Nemo was great, I may have to buy a DVD player when it comes out :D
Oh and I have all the set now except, I havent found Nemo, go figger. Time to raid the kids stash :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i managed to snag bruce and pearl the other day, plus i already had Gill, bringing my total to THREE.. all supporting actors :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts