The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
These fish are all compatable with each other and make a great item for the whole family to love
is that even a true statement?

the ONLY thing i give this guy credit for is that he says should be in a 100 gallon tank or larger. but of course its the small print.

he also says they must be acclimated by HIS guidlines, which he will email after your order is placed.

and he guarantees they will remain live for 6 days. but does NOT include the regal tank in the guranttee

·
Administrator
48,732 Posts
OK I tried clicking on the name to email as instructed, I am not registered so I cant email :(
the fine print is as follows
This is a complete set of 5 LIVE Saltwater Fish from the Walt Disney® and Pixar® Movie: "Finding Nemo®".

This set comes complete with the following LIVE fish.

Marlin (Nemo's Father) - Percula Clownfish
Nemo - Percula Clownfish
Dory - Regal Blue Hippo Tang
Bloat - Porcupine Puffer
Bubbles - Yellow Tang

These fish will be sent to you via FedEx® Directly to your door. These Fish also come with a 6 day Guarantee**.

These fish are all compatable with each other and make a great item for the whole family to love.

The fish are to be placed in an already existing cycled Saltwater Fish Tank.

Any questions can be e-mailed to me by clicking on my ebay ID name up top.

**Your water conditions must be acceptable for marine life. (ammonia =0 ppm (parts per million), nitrites=0 ppm, nitrates=0-20 ppm, pH 8.1 to 8.4, specific gravity in the range of 1.021-1.025). Recommended tank size is >100 U.S. Gallons.

If anything in your order does not survive--for reasons out of your control--we will replace it for FREE (not including shipping charges). we are able to offer this opportunity only because every item packed in your order is individually reviewed and thoroughly inspected by a livestock manager.

There are a few guidelines that apply to this guarantee. If you would rather not pay the shipping fee to have your items resent to you we can credit your account by sending the guaranteed items for free on your next order. If you choose this option, there won't be a shipping charge for the guaranteed items. Unfortunately, we can't refund the amount of the guaranteed item to a credit card.

In order to qualify you must take immediate delivery of your order and the order MUST be able to be delivered on the FIRST TRY by FedEx--NO EXCEPTIONS. Also, if you have a signature waiver release on file with FedEx we cannot guarantee any items in your order unless you actually sign for the package. We do offer the opportunity to waive the signature requirement and your order can be left at your door, but if you choose to do so the guarantee will be void. It is in the best interest of the items you ordered for you to be able to be home or at the office to take delivery.

You must follow our procedure for acclimating your fish. The procedure will be e-mailed to you immediately upon purchase. You have six days from the time the livestock leaves our warehouse to postmark the return. Items will only be replaced one time. Regal Blue not included with guarantee.

This auction is in no way associated with Disney® and/or Pixar®.
Marlin (Nemo's Father) - Percula Clownfish / the larger older one is going to go female
Nemo - Percula Clownfish/ the smaller one is stuck being male and may or may not be accepted later on
Dory - Regal Blue Hippo Tang/ easily stressed and not esp compaqtable with a yellow, ich magnet
Bloat - Porcupine Puffer/not the best companion for the other listed fish
Bubbles - Yellow Tang/ not best companion for a hippo in smaller tank, black ich prone
Looking on the bright side they arent offering Moorish Idols, or even the sorta hardier Heniochus butterflys

·
Registered
163 Posts
To me i think this is a bogus auction, why is ebay alowing this, are live fish sold on ebay? if not, ebay should be contacted, but thats just me, fish like that should not be farmed in one order, of course one of them will die, the puffer and a perc? comon, common sense here, but what do i know, im not the person selling

Brandon

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Ditto on Brandon's post,,,,NO live animals on eBay,,,their rules,,,
LR, macro etc. , get by, but , if i remember right, their answer to this was basically was "no eyes, not live",,,or something stupid like that....
as a registered member of eBay, am gonna do my TRT duty , and squash this if i can,,,,,,
watch out, don't let my cape hit you,,,,,
Da Ta Ta DA!!!!!!!!
somehow i feel like Dom Deluise in Cannonball Run,,:rolleyes: :funny:

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
OOPS!:( :mad:
as you can see in the next post, eBay'ers CAN sell "live fish and snails",,,,:eek: :( :mad:
sorry, looks like i stepped on my cape ,,:(
sorry,,,,hope no one wins/bids on this tho,,,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Topics > eBay Policies > Prohibited and Restricted Items > Animals and Wildlife Products

Animals and Wildlife Products

The following list contains general guidelines for listing animals and animal parts on eBay. Users with questions about migratory birds, endangered species or other questionable items in this area should contact the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Law Enforcement Office or your state wildlife regulatory agency, or refer to extensive information on this topic available at the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).

Live Animals
Other than the exceptions noted here, eBay does not allow sales of live animals or pets on eBay. eBay permits sales of tropical fish and snails, provided that the seller guarantees in the listing that the animals will be packaged safely and shipped via next day delivery. eBay also allows sales of lobsters, crabs and other similar items that are live when sold but intended for human consumption, as well as live insects, crickets, and worms used as bait or feeder food for pets.

Stuffed Birds
Stuffed migratory birds, any part of any migratory bird, or any migratory bird nest or egg may not be listed on eBay. The law forbids the sale of migratory birds, including birds that can be lawfully hunted. Migratory birds include all ducks, geese, hawks, owls, crows, and ravens. However, captive-bred, properly marked Mallard ducks may be sold if the seller clearly states in the item description that the Mallard duck was captive-bred. No other captive-bred waterfowl species may be sold without permits obtained from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

Stuffed non-migratory birds, or parts of such birds, may generally be listed on eBay, if not listed or sold in violation of the state wildlife laws of the states of the buyer or seller. These birds include upland game birds such as quail, turkey, pheasants, and grouse.

Animal Pelts and Skins
Animal parts, including pelts and skins from endangered species (such as leopards, tigers, cheetahs, jaguars, sable antelopes, mountain zebras, and Hartmann mountain zebras) may not be sold in interstate commerce and therefore cannot be listed on eBay. Animal pelts and skins from non-endangered species (for example, non-protected species of zebras, coyotes) may generally be listed on eBay, if not in violation of the seller's specific state laws.

Other Animal Products
Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species may not be listed on eBay.

Bear Products
Bears and bear products (for example, bear teeth, claws, and rugs) may not be listed on eBay.

Mountain lions
Products that contain any part from a mountain lion may not be listed on eBay.

Marine Mammals
Marine mammal products, including but not limited to polar bear, sea otter, whales (baleen and ivory), porpoise, dolphins, and seals, generally may not be listed for sale unless the animal part has been first transformed into an authentic Alaskan Native article of handicraft or clothing. The export/import of marine mammals typically requires CITES as well as other state and/or federal permits. Users should contact the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and/or National Marine Fisheries Service before importing or exporting marine mammal products.

Ivory
This area is complex, and sellers should consult with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and their state wildlife regulatory agency to ensure that the particular item involved may lawfully be sold. Generally, ivory from African elephants may be sold so long as it was lawfully imported into the United States. Wooly mammoth ivory may be sold inside or outside the United States. Hippo ivory may be sold within the United States, but may not lawfully be imported into the United States.

Internal organs of animals
Internal organs of animals (for example, bear gall bladders) may not be listed on eBay.

Products made from "tortoise shell" or other turtle products
There are a number of items that have been made, both lawfully and unlawfully, from the shell of the hawksbill turtle, a sea turtle that is now an endangered species protected by federal and international law. At one time, it was lawful to make jewelry, glasses, boxes, and other items using the shell of the hawksbill turtle. However, the 1973 Endangered Species Act made it unlawful to sell items made in whole or part out of genuine hawksbill tortoise shells. eBay will not permit the sale of any item made, in whole or part, from any part of a sea turtle. This includes items such as guitar picks, jewelry, jewelry boxes, hair combs, and other products made from the shell of the hawksbill turtle. Items that appear from the listing to be made from genuine tortoise shell are not permitted. eBay realizes that users commonly use the phrase "tortoise shell" to describe items that have a particular design resembling a tortoise shell, and that many "tortoise shell" products are actually made out of plastic, glass, or a composite material. These items are permitted on eBay. However, to avoid confusion, listings of such "faux" tortoise shell items should clearly state that the item is not made of "genuine" tortoise shell.

Special notice to sellers doing business in California
California law places restrictions on the commercial sale of items made from parts of some non-protected species, including elephants, zebras, alligators and crocodiles. If you sell such items in California, review California Penal Code 653o, and ensure that your sales comply with that law.

All importers and exporters of wildlife must file with the USFWS a completed Declaration for Importation or Exportation of Fish or Wildlife (Form 3-177).

Related Help topics
Prohibited and Restricted Items Overview
Human Parts and Remains

Report listing violations or problems with another eBay member.

Address of this page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/wildlife.html

eBay Home | Former Help System | Close window

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
i would like to order this for my tank it sounds like a great deal. does anyone know where i can find a baby great white shark? to round out my nemo family. i can upgrade to accomodate just ask my wife.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.