The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 36 gallon bowfront aquarium set up. Time to just have one tank! I'm going to list everything! Tell me what you would be willing to pay if you bought it? Thanks! I just don't want to sell it too much or too cheap!

Comes with a tomato clown fish, a black damsel fish, and a coral banded shrimp. It also come with a 36in current satellite PC light. AquaC Remora protein skimmer with rio 1400 pump. A hydro Koralia evolution 1400 powerhead. AquaClear 30 powerhead. Marineland heater.

Let me know what you would price it at. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Looks like I'm selling it way to cheap! $200.. I wish I saw this earlier.. I have someone coming today to look at it for that price!

·
Captain Obvious
1,188 Posts
I'm really really good at selling things on Craigslist. So here's my whole 2cents worth of advice...

Search Craigslist in different cities to see if you have some tanks to compare with. One thing is for sure.... you are not going to get anywhere near what you paid for it new.

When you do go to sell it. Its an absolute must to attached as many pictures of the tank from all different angles. I use at least 6-8 pics of an item i'm selling. Use a lot detail in your descriptions but not as sentences but as highlight points. Much like my post here (LOL) people dont really have time to read long drawn out sentences. Come up with 5-10 selling points and list them as bullet points.

I can sell things on Craigslist for a higher $$$ than other comparable items simply bc I took the time to show all kinds of pics and used highlighted statement to sell my item. the buyer is looking for something that is in great shape but at a good deal. People will spend a little more money as you convince them of the quality thru lots of pics and lots a positive selling points.

On the opposite side of the scale, I've seen horrible Craigslist listings as "For Sale: fish tank. Contact for pricing & pics." And the seller wonders why it hasn't sold for the last 3mos. LOL

Oh!!!! one last point...... just about every CL buyer once they come out to see the item for sale will try and offer you 25-50% less than what you are asking for. I ALWAYS say even when its not exactly true, "well, I have two other people interested.....so my price is firm until they see it. It may be GONE by then." 9 out of 10 buyers fold and just pay the price I'm asking..... which is a priced correctly to other comparable items. I'm not out to gouge anyone but I do want my asking price. So down get lost in a low-ball offer bc you think that is your only chance to sell it.

Good luck & HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts