The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sleepless nights........

Hey guys!

I am STILL trying to decide on my lighting. I have the old bootleg standard comes with the fishtank lights. It's a 55G 48' Long. There are two individual 24inch canopy's and the tank is also separted right down the middle.

What do you think I should do here? Build my own canopy? If that is the suggestion I am gonna need some serious help!

I am looking to keep an anemone eventually when my tank matures. AND after more reading and experience. Thanks in advance!!!.

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No sweat Steve,
Guys, on the original question, the main point was CHEAP.. It is only for dusk& dawn lite. I have a 660 I could use. Thanks

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hmm if it's not something you NEED for the sake of corals, if all yo uare looking for is a lower light level for morning and evening, i would go with NOFLO's instead of vho especially if you are looking for cheap :)

i'm running my 40w 03 actinic noflo off a simple small ballast i picked up at hd for a mere 11 bucks.

i'm also running my 40w 10k daylight noflo off another 11 dollar ballast. and htey dont give off much heat at all.

btw: i'm running those on 46.5" bulbs. 40 watts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.