The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some direction here, I have reef rubble and I have superglue gel, but I'm not sure of the proper way to do this?

I have a shroom, now, do I use dry rubble, put glue on the rubble, hold that in water for a few seconds, then stick the shroom onto it? Or do I put glue on the shroom and try to hold mister slimy onto the rock? Do I do this out of the water, and how long do I have to hold them together before I can put it back into the tank?

·
11,345 Posts
Take the dry rubble and put a decent sized drop..just enough that it stays in a nice "bubble" elevated shape and let it sit for about 30 seconds....then carefully place the shroom on top of it, trying to only let the glue touch a spot in the center of him. Let it sit out for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then place in a low flow area, for a couple of days

walla ...done

you never have to hold them together.....i find sometimes it is easier to just have the shroom sitting upside down next to the glue and then flip him over on top of it. Not a whole lot of touching the shroom going on. Just make sure you dont slide the shroom nto the glue upside down...if you get the glue on his mouth it can do some damage to him.........

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well I glued them on and I'll hope for the best! So far they're sticking and maybe they'll attach themselves, I hope they're happy! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
attatching shroom fragments

do it out of water. get the most cured piece of rubble in your tank. pat the surface of the rock dry with a towel. add a dab of glue where you will be putting the shroom. take the shroom out and let lay on the towel bottom side down not mouth side down. this is so the excess slime and moisture can be absorbed into the towel for a more slimeless procedure. place the bottom of the mushroom directly on the dab of glue before the glue dries. and put in your trank wherever there is low flow as to not disturb the sticking process of the mushroom and glue. after a day should be stuck.

Good luck

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did it, they're done... check out the other post I made about 4 mouths... they look ok and are opening... I sure hope I don't have to hunt for them tomorrow tho!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Someone told me once about using the bags that onions come in. Clean with bleach and rinse well. Then put shroom frags in bag and float. Shroom attaches and then you can cut a slightly larger footprint out of the bag and clue or tie it down. Works well with Xenia as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts