40#'s ls (caribSea aragonite)
1 2x65 watt PC w/lunar leds
2 powerheads
3 hermit crabs
1 anthenia
1 multicolored button polyp
mushrooms
1 xenia
My tank has green hair algae and cynobacteria(diatoms)!!! The inhabitants that i had previously were 2 marron striped clowns(deceased), one algea blenny(deceased), several snails and hermit crabs(all but three hermit crabs (deceased).! the cause of death I am guessing to be new tank syndrome,,, my water parameters have been checked daily, my tank has been set up now going on about 2 months July 12th.
I hadn't planned on adding anything new to the tank (fish,invertebrae) probably for another month, I plan on getting about 25#'s of lr from Botev0 this weekend Sunday hopefully. other than that I am going to take it slow.
the ? I have is can i take my light off the timer currently set at 11am to 7 pm. Would my tank be sufficient with about 2-4 hrs of PC lightning and natural room lightning? I'd like to do away with the algea and cyano, so can anyone please give me some suggestions?
Thanks Darieus

·
Registered
37 Posts
Get a skimmer and don't add anymore fish until everything settles in for a while.

Ooops you replied while I was typing about the skimmer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You're probably correct about the reason your animals have died off. It often takes new tanks two months, sometimes longer, to finish cycling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts