The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got a few SPS frags a couple of weeks a go, and treated them twice with Pro-coral cure and they have been in my QT tank since then. At least half of them came from a tank that the owner mention she had red bugs but I have not seen anything myself.
The question is, how much longer do they need to be in QT?
my QT tank only has PC lights and the frags are turning brown, will the colors come back once they are in the main tank with MH? I really want to move them to my main tank soon, but I will wait if most of you agree I should.
I wanted to do another treatment today end then put the frags in the tank by the weekend.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Pro-coral cure (from Tropic Marin) is actually for Flatworms and other parasitic and microbal infections and is well know here in Arizona to kill red bugs as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was informed that for Tropic mariner coral cure to be effective against red bugs it should be used in double the normal dosage.
I think you should just do interceptor on the QT and be 100%.
Ian

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,658 Posts
I have seen TMPCC kill red bugs, so has clockwork, interseptor may be more effective but TMPCC sure works. Here is what I would do, Dip the corals, put them in Q, one week later dip then back in Q, one week later dip then into the main tank.

Really I would not be to worried about red bugs, the in tank treatment for those is not that bad, it is the AEFW that give me night terrors.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I have seen red bugs wipe Sps tanks out,do whatever works the best for you just get them out.Period.

·
Registered
42 Posts
can someone post a link to interceptor dosage and how to run it if you were to put it in display. I am trying to explain this to people and they just don't belive me about the heartworm pills.
Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I moved the SPS to the main tank, all but one of them have very nice PE. Color seems to be coming back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After "Red Bug Denial" for over 8 months, I just did the 1st treatment of Interceptor this weekend... I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. All of my SPS look MUCH better. Anyone that says Redbugs do not hurt SPS are full of it. Don't be afraid of this treatment if you have bugs.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
If you have red bugs and use the Interceptor you will see results withing 40 mins better color, better polyp extension that fast!

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Redbugs are bad no matter what any one says.Do whatever you can to eliminate them from your system eventually they will cause something to decline.Especially since you are already seeing damage.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Clockwork: your milli's have incredible PE, but red bugs dont affect them. I noticed you have a lack of PE, however, on some of your other acro's displayed -- one's that could have the RBs. Your coloration is great, however.

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Even if your fine with them please get rid of them. you never know when you will frag a coral for a fellow reefer and give their tank the infection and kill some of their coral. Just ask Fly Guy about that. his setup has been devistated. Besides... to date the interceptor has done well with no side effects so what have you got to lose?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts