The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get a new skimmer and some test kits on a limited budget, I need some opinions on the coralife needlewheel skimmer and seachem test kits. I'm not looking for suggestions on what I should buy instead but people who have or do actually use these products and their experiences with them.

jd:thumbup:

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Salifert is the best test equipment.The Coralife I have had It a week and it's noiseier then my Remora Aqua C Pro.But does a good job pulling stuff out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how does it compare to you're ramora as far as the amount of shimate it produces, Currently I have a seaclone and we all know how much they suck, So I want a good upgrade but have a limited budget at the moment.

jd

·
11,345 Posts
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=RS1121

I have two of these collecting dust and i personally think they pull out stuff well. You can have one for $25 if you want one. You will still have to buy a pump of course. Just trying to help your budget along with appeasing the wife who thinks i have too much fish stuff everywhere. : )

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
That burlin skimmer would really do a good job with a sedra needle wheel pump on it. I think the small pumps are around 80 bucks. sounds like a good deal to me. I think thast set up would blow the corlife out of the water, Ha Ha pun intended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts