The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well i started up a 10g about 2 months ago the 10g was suppose to just be wehn i got it up a QT tank and when i got some new fish well the damsels went to the 10 and the other things to the main tank. *everything is from the same store* now i know damsels and clowns are in the same family. and i couldnt take the damsels back lol so i kept them well now i have a 26g and a 10g go ing and well the 10 doesnt get much attention. as it gets cleaned and the lighting and such but not much to look at lol. I wanted to find opinions on well moving the damsels back to the main tank with the two clowns. i really dont plan to get any other fish *buying any* anytime soon. if i move these guys i wouldnt be buying more fish at all. *but i would have a qt tank for any corals or possibly a frag tank. since everything is doing well now. i guess mainly i wanted to know how well do u think they would do together i have about 40 to 45lbs of live rock and lots of hiding spots the clowns seem to be on the anemone or in front of the rocks anymore never behind it or in it. do u think they would do good or u think the clown that is protective of her nem would bully them to much. i dont wanna kill anything but id love to see them more often again. and the 10 would be great for frags that id love to do with a lower water flow and less in it. any opinions would be great. thanks

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know its tuesday everyone is busy i just wanted to find out cause today is my clean up the 10 g day. i do it a little more often then my big tank *water is gone faster* i gotta pic up water but if im gonna move the fish then ill be taking the lr out of the qt tank and actually clean up the walls and add it back in. more of a thourgh cleaning ... thanks for any replys.

· Registered
140 Posts
damsles and clowns usually get along. every fish has a different temperment. I had a small 3/4" damsel and it would bother my 5 " wrasse, my other 1.5" damsels dont bother anything. since they are moving to the new tank they should not feel teritorial. the clowns might but usually not

· Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the anemone is staying. it was a gift and i had no way to get it back to where it came from and is doing great where it is. I dont much wanna give up the rock it has attached to either and i dont care to take the chance of harming it by removing it from the rock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.