The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a new tank a 115g tall tank. Would like to know what kind of lighting I will need to light this tank to keep a anemone,softies, and lps. I was advised of 2x250w mh. How many bulbs will I need for t5's? Will I be able to keep a madrain with out spot feeding? The live stock it will need to compete with will Be a Juvenile Red Coris wrasse, Canary wrasse, Black nox Angel(pygmy midnight angel), Magnificent Fox face, and a Maroon Clown Pair.

link to the tank http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic....ndex.php?sid=55829618815ff071b83ddae39b535b04

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(text on post)

I have a non RR 115g tank for sale (livestock and equipment not for sale). It is currently set up and fully stocked but I'm moving everything to a new tank. The stand is black with 3 doors (need very little TLC), and there's black trim around the top of the tank. The tank is eurobraced and very solid. There are some light scratches but hardly noticeable from about 4 ft away, unless you let algae build up. I can included a 29g DIY sump and overflow. Asking $200.

2 -SCWD wavemakers. These are the 3/4" size. They work fine and aren't noisy at all. $25 each.

2-Koralia 3- $20 each. Pending 2-stevieb05

3g Nano:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=63588&p=519478#p519478

Lots of various sized plastic tubing, if you need buy anything I'll let you rummage through it.

I will post pics of the tank tomorrow (Friday)

1 1/4" long, 22" deep, 28 1/2" tall to top of trim (water level doesn't go up that high)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Confusing thread. Are you buying or selling a tank?

Putting T5's over a tall tank can be difficult if you don't have enough width to fit the right amount of bulbs. MH is usually a better fit for tall tanks.

If you haven't purchased it yet, tall tanks as reefs can be difficult. Shorter and wider tanks allow for more options when it comes to aquascaping and lighting. My next display tank will be one that I can reach the bottom of easily.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am purchasing this tank for usd $200.00. From what he has stated that it is 115g that is 58 inches long. I might reconsider the buy due to he has gave me 2 wierd measurements. I look over http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=2 so the tank is w/ in the 100g range. He has told me he is running 8x54w t5s over the tank for he can keep sps. My question was regards to how many t5's to keep a anemone. Also due to the tank size and filling it with lr will I be able to keep a mandarian with out spot feeding?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am purchasing this tank for usd $200.00. From what he has stated that it is 115g that is 58 inches long. I might reconsider the buy due to he has gave me 2 wierd measurements. I look over http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=2 so the tank is w/ in the 100g range. He has told me he is running 8x54w t5s over the tank for he can keep sps. My question was regards to how many t5's to keep a anemone. Also due to the tank size and filling it with lr will I be able to keep a mandarian with out spot feeding?
Are you seeding pods? Mandarian are not a first fish. Research the feeding habits carefully, they are not hearty and are not exactly a gold fish in salt water that will handle lousy water and an improper diet. I hear they can be quite difficult if you do not have a well established tank with great water and a pod food source.

·
I <3 Fishies
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I currently have a established 55g reef that I will be transporting into this tank. That includes rock sand etc etc.... tank has been up since 10,18,08

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I Kept a Manderlin in my 57 gal for over a year (then I broke the tank down) you just have to make sure you have a large population of cocopods, aphipods, so on. When my lights were off for 30 min and I hit the tank with a flash light I would see tons of pods running for the holes in the rocks. The manderlin had no problem eating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts