The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey you guys, so I have 40 3w leds that I ordered from china. What I am wondering is if these 80 degree optics will fit on my 3w leds. These say they are cree band so I know they are good, but I just wanted to make sure they will fit my LEDS before I buy them.

Thanks!!

http://www.rapidled.com/80-degree-cr...-optics-black/

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, if they do fit. How many would you suggest getting. I am putting a 20 inch heatsink from rapidled with a 120mm fan with 40 leds on that heatsink. I will have it over my 30 inch long tank. I want to be able to keep sps and lps everywhere. I am wondering how many 80 degrees I should get, I have 25 60 degree and 10 30 degrees at the moment. my tank is 18.8 inches deep. I will not have any sps on my sand bed but I do want to be able to lps down there. I am also wondering around how far off my tank I should have the heatsink, I was thinking around 8 inches off with 60 and 90 degree optics changing between each led. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So are you saying just get 20-80 degree optics and just go one every other led. but make sure there are 10 on white and 10 on blue. Or would it be better if I got 20-80 degrees optics and did one every other but on the ones that didnt have one put a 60-degree on it and just put the fixture saying like 12 inches above my tank? I just want to make sure the light is getting everywhere in my tank, especially since the heatsink is only 20 inches and my tank is 30 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts