The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up people...:) I've had my CSS (220gal model) for a couple weeks now and VERY pleased with the performance of the skimmer. I know there is ALOT better out there, but for the money, it does a GREAT job,.....but I do need help with a issue I'm having with the skimmer. I'm sure others are have the same problem. The problem is where the water is returned back to the tank. The skimmer is making lots of unwanted bubbles and I cant seem to stop them. Any body have a suggestion on how to solve this problem? Please see pic below...
Thanks...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
I removed the pad from the bottom of mine and ensured that the water level stayed constant where the skimmer was located.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Give it some more time to break in. Mine did the same for about 3 weeks. Now I don't use the bubble diffuser and I don't have any microbubbles from the output

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What gives with this skimmer? It does its job GREAT skimming, but what a mess it causes. Its been a month now and The bubbles just keep on coming and making a mess. Just for the heck of it I pluged up the nipple that is at the return tube going into back into the tank and the bubbles stoped, but the water level in the skimmer also droped. Is this a bad design? Has anybody had the same problem? The LFS uses them and swares by them, but Im getting soooooooo many bubbles in my tank and its making a big mess with salt creep EVERYWHERE.:angry:
Thanks....

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
I just hooked ours up a few days ago bubbles haven't been a problem but we have it at the opposite side of the sump from the tank return

1 - 10 of 10 Posts