The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this hippo about 2 weeks ago and today i noticed he has some bumps all over him, some of them are kinda white and some are darker. i tried to take pics but not much luck except for this one with it showing up. If anyone has any info please please let me know what to do. Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it showing up for anyone else? Because it shows up for me????

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that its not working let me try to find out what the problem is and ill repost it. sorry guys

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know what could possibly be wrong with the pic because when I open teh thread the pics show up so I dont know whats wrong with it. There was one time were it showed up as photo no longer available but otherwise its worked .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like ICH to me. I had the same problem with my blue tang. I would just leave him be for a day or two and hope for the best, if it gets worst you'll have to catch him/her and quarantine it. New fish should always be quarantine before they are introduced into a running aquriaum. It's a pita to catch these fish when they are stress and infected. Chances are that your other fishes are infected too, they might also need to be quaratined in a hypo treatment tank.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Blake try rearranging your rockwork. that might settle the dominance issues between the tangs. If that doesn't work and the white spots dont get better, you will need to qt and maybe do a freshwater dip, or a cold saltwater dip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JEFFIE, What are your recomedations? I added garlic to the food today. Just from last night to today he looks a lot better. Crazy!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would go ahead and give him a 10 min freshwater dip to get whatever parasites you can off of his body. Match the temp and PH of the dip water.

·
Registered
626 Posts
jeffie said:
I would go ahead and give him a 10 min freshwater dip to get whatever parasites you can off of his body. Match the temp and PH of the dip water.
This might be a dumb question but how do you match pH when using RO/DI water for a freshwater dip. I know I can measure the pH of my tank water and then measure the pH of the RO/DI but how do I correct the pH if they are different?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
wags said:
This might be a dumb question but how do you match pH when using RO/DI water for a freshwater dip. I know I can measure the pH of my tank water and then measure the pH of the RO/DI but how do I correct the pH if they are different?
Add buffer to adjust it up as they will be different.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts