The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off the morning turning on the news and the horrible sound of water overflowing started. MY 110 overflow tupe from the box to the sump clogged!!!!!, so what is a durso, where can i get one, will it eliminate clogging, I don't know what was in it. i poked a rod into it and freed whatever it was, i have to get this done NOW
<!-- / message -->

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,719 Posts
Allot of times a snail will crawl into the drain pipe and clog it. You want a screen of some kind over the pipe so that a snail can't get in there. MD sells screens that fit you pipe, so might an LFS.

A dorso helps quiet down your overflow, but you would need to put a screen on that too.

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be thinking of the rong thing, it's for an overflw box, hang on with overflow tube, u tube not clogged, but pipe from box o sump

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Either THIS HANG-ON MOD or THIS MOD by Ken Stockman should be a great fix. Get some gutter guard from Home Despot and cut it to fit over you overflow opening to keep out the snails, and your system's overflows should be fixed.

HTH

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tdwyatt said:
Either THIS HANG-ON MOD or THIS MOD by Ken Stockman should be a great fix. Get some gutter guard from Home Despot and cut it to fit over you overflow opening to keep out the snails, and your system's overflows should be fixed.

HTH
YUP the 2nd one is what I'm thinking, another option I'm thinking is sell the tank and get a reef ready... tHANK yOU FOR THE LINK:blob:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ShirleyM said:
We've never had a clog with the Stockman or Durso overflow. We have the Stockman Standpipe. I called it a Durso for a long time...
The Stockman link I have is HERE
Durso is HERE
and then you have to click on Durso Standpipe.
Very interesting!!!! a DIY, well off the Home D.

Thank You ALLL

·
Registered
395 Posts
On the stockman mod will that work on a standard overglow to reduce the noise?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Kullas said:
On the stockman mod will that work on a standard overglow to reduce the noise?
Both the stockman and durso work to quiet the noise on a HOB overflow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts