The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I purchased a bunch of Live rock through Ebay back in February and there is so much life on each rock, its amazing! I'm new to this hobby and was debating on doing just fish and LR or adding some corals. Well I have, what I thought to be some sort of coral, popping out of each rock. The other day I noticed two of them had moved to different parts of my tank. I'm not sure if they could be anemones or not. I was not going to get into keeping anemones because of how hard they are to keep and I'm new to this hobby so I wanted to get my feet wet first. Can anyone help me to identify what these are in my tank? there are probaby about 8 spreadout throughout. Thank you for any help/advice you can give me!

Attachments

·
Little Monster
854 Posts
aiptasia probably :( spray em w/ lemon juice!! (well, if you find out...)

·
Little Monster
854 Posts
Cool, I never thought kalkwasser could kill them, but you never know :) aiptasiaX would be nice too

·
Little Monster
854 Posts
YES peppermint shrimp will definitely kill of those aiptasia.
But when I added mine, it just ran away. I don't even know where it is today...Don't worry though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.