The Reef Tank banner

Need Help! Ice snowflake clown sick with ick like symptoms! HD Pictures shown

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Japonicus 
#1 ·
Hello I just purchased a black ice snowflake ocellaris. Hes not too big alittle over a inch big.The petstore i got him from had is where he got the ick from or whatever it is. I thought to myself ill set up a quarantine tank for him till he gets better, I noticed hes got this reddish color mark/cut on him like maybe a affection. I need TRT community's help of how to cure him and treat properly before he it gets worse. :fish: The Q tank is a freshly set up 5 gallon with good water from my 47 gallon tank with some live rock. I have new live sand in the tank though. I've been reading about copper is that what ill need? Also i tryed feeding him he didnt eat he just swims around near the top, He also is breathing rapidly.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've had lots of ick problems with snowflake occelaris clowns. I recommend feeding new life spectrums ick shield. It works great, but make sure none of it lands in a corals mouth or it will kill it.

#5 ·
I'm sorry I can't see the pics well as I'm on my phone. But if it's ich you'll want to remove the rocks and sand before treatment ( don't put them back in you're DT as they now have ich). Rocks and sand can soak in copper so you don't want to use them together. Seachem Cupramine is a good copper medication, but make sure you pick up a Seachem copper test kit as well.

#7 ·
Not necessarily...the parasite has a free swimming as well as a substrate living form as part of it's life cycle. So you might have ich in your tank, and your petstore does, so if your second fish came from the same tank, or a tank on a common sump, it too may be infected.

#10 ·
+1
If this is ich
The new guy, if healthy, should be ok with lots of good food fed often
without overfeeding the tank.

New guy may have ich in the gills where they get it 1st already too, and you not know.
Did the new guy eat at the LFS for you? Is it eating really good now?

#11 ·
Also i tryed feeding him he didnt eat he just swims around near the top, He also is breathing rapidly.
This the 1st fish, should've never been purchased to begin with.
I would not purchase other fish from that system either with or without symptoms.
Glad the LFS swapped you out, hope it works long term :)

Did you observe the 1st fish devouring food in the store?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.