The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Kent fail on me after a month or two. But, it really is just back up and save us from vacuuming up the basment... every week... OK.... 2 or 3 times a week... LOL

I've never looked at solenoids and I guess I am really just prodding about them... but it's probably just a waist for this application.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no pick there, but I got the filter guys to drop off the pressure part for my ro system (which actually had the part and I didn't know it... gah). So, I just need the floats. Just about to put through the order. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
HFG said:
I had a Kent fail on me after a month or two. But, it really is just back up and save us from vacuuming up the basment... every week... OK.... 2 or 3 times a week... LOL

I've never looked at solenoids and I guess I am really just prodding about them... but it's probably just a waist for this application.
you using the float valve alone or the kit ?

I have the kit and it has never failed me.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=KM1651

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I've had the Kent with shutoff valve since 1996. It has only failed once in the ro bucket. It was my fault. It got knocked and pushed down past the stopper so that water level wouldn't push it back up. I replaced just the valve for $15 and was back in business. Now I make sure I keep the lid on the bucket so nothing can knock it.

I would try Fahz. They are all pretty much comparable and may be a little cheaper that route. His just use quest fittings for the shutoff valve ( shutoff valve $8 + float valve $15, double check with Jim but I don't think any other fittings required ) A little easier to install, cheaper, and can always talk to him if questions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts