The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get like 1 or 2 fish for my 37 gallon tank (24"x18"). I also want to get fish that will not take food from my corals, so clowns, chromis and the like are out. I will have a big enough skimmer to accomidate a messy eater. I was thinking a mandarin or harlequin tusk or ??? Idont know, Ideas welcome!!
Thanks
Derek

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrasses are cool, but I dont want one that will bury itself. My gravel is one frag disc after another and I dont want any of them buried. I didnt think tuskd buried themselves, thats why I mentioned that one.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
my fairy wrasse has never even looked at the bottom of the tank. The coris wrasse likes to bury himself though

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a yellow coris and not only did it bury its self, it would dive at the sand to hunt. This would spray sand over the corals, some of which were 4" to 5" off the bottom.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what about a black cap basslet, or a neon dottyback? I have both, the black cap is mellow and hangs out in the light, the neon dottyback is a tiny bit aggressive at time, but overall not bad. both fish are beautiful. the dottyback has great personality and is interested in everypart of the tank and always checks me out to. I don't know anything about tank sizes with these fish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Chalk bass :) loved mine...till the **** clown picked on him so much he jumped :(

Carpenter Flasher wrasse looks cool too

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
derek i think i heard some where that the rusks will eat snails. i could be wrong on that but by looking at thier mouths at the RFC i would think that is right

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
A tusk, tang, and CBB are all too big of fish for a 37g.

Too bad clown gobies like sitting on corals too much. What about a rainford's goby or a pseudochromis of some sort? Or else get an angler fish. Those are pretty cool.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need to find more info on the growth rates of anglers. I need to make sure my corals are where I want them before I glue them down, I wouldnt want an angler knocking stuff over

1 - 20 of 23 Posts