The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after much discussion, it has been determined that my apartment will not allow me to go with 400 watters, due to an inability to get heat out of the place. even running a chiller, the exhaust from it would heat the room so much that i would be unable to keep the tank cool, and i have no air conditioning....

sooo...

i am looking for a pair of 250 watt HQI ballasts, preferably with reflectors and bulbs. i have decided to get rid of most of my corals (and an evil bicolor blenny!), at least the stuff that likes light, so if i need to run for a few weeks with old bulbs, that will be ok.

on a side note, look forward to a major flea market out of my tank of corals, probably next month. as i get closer to the new tank date, i will start taking pictures and posting them with prices. for people who know my tank, i am going to keep about 10% of my zoos, the brain, my frogspawn, my hammer, and my ricordeas.... that means all the other zoos, polyps, trees, mushrooms, leathers, xenias, etc. will be coming available.

also i will be getting rid of my overflow, sump, skimmer (with pump), and return pump once the tank is switched over. i paid 350 or so for the setup, i am thinking about 200 bucks for it would be nice, it is only about 6 months old. more than sufficient for a 29 like mine, the stuff is rated to about 100 gallons. if that is trade fodder for some lighting, or for some other stuff on my need list, let me know (need some specific pumps, rock, sand, a seaswirl, a scwd, a ph controller, and some other misc. stuff).

anyway, let me know if you have some hardware for me. i would be willing to trade very well in corals from my tank towards them if that is of interest to anyone.

thanks

ryan

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
Ryan

An idea on your lights - the electronic ballast that reef fanatic has for the 250w. These will run anything and just in case you don't like the 250 hqi's:eek: you can just change bulbs. And the price is not too bad :rolleyes: I have a DIY article- somewhere ( just finished moving) for the HQI's, will try to dig it up for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.