The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My clams are slightly on the green side. This calms were originally very blue but now they are turning a slight shade of green, after placing them a little higher in the tank. There is about three inches of water between the lights (two 175 MH 10K blubs and two 96W CF 10K). Could it be that the lights are too close or something else. Lights are less than six months old.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
no clams will just adjust there color to your particular bulbs:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
ncolon, how long have you had your clams??? What lighting did the clams come from, if you know?? I have gotten clams over the internet and had pics sent of what they look like prior to shipping and after acclimating them to my tank, they look completely different. The different Kelvin rating of your lights will play into the color you see the clams to be, even from above.

Just for example, I had wanted a green patterned maxima clam and ordered a beautiful one, under my 65k iwasaki's the clam is blue where it was green under 10K's.

If all else like water params, are good then I would not worry about the clams health. If it is extending it's mantle then it is a happy clam. The lighting may be the whole deal here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts