The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
So I may have found my dream tank with everything including established coral and live rock in Bloomington, MN. The problem is that I am a total newbie to the hobby and do not have a clue about transport/keeping fish, rock, coral, crabs alive and then setting this thing up. We are worried that we won't set up the stuff correctly, etc. I am able to borrow a pickup so that is taken care of. The tank is a 72g bowfront. If ANYONE has advice it would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I are afraid we will destroy everything.
The move would be Rochester to Bloomington.
Thanks,
TK:read: "studying hard"

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
i think he is also giving you an RO/DI unit......you will need salt and some RO water to get things going....just keep the rock wet in transport.
bag the fish and corals...they will do fine for 2-4 hrs....get new sand or make sure the old sand is washed.....he is selling a plug&play system, so you should be good to go.
Ill PM you Dirks # for the OR pump.
PS: dont think he has much you could kill in his livestock.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
If you still need help with this I can send you some detailed instructions on how to do this. I have moved many established tanks including an entire reef shop, so I can help you out with any questions you may have. Let me know, and if you have specific quiestions just shoot them over to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update on tank

Thanks to all for the advice but I have decided not to get the established tank for now.
I will let you know if I need advice on new ones or something down the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts