The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
It has been along time since I have been on. I have a question for all that can help. I am running a 125 gallon reef set up, in the living room, then to a 180 gallon sump in the garage ( it has about 150 gallons of water and 2 super skimmers both are rated for 220 gallons, the return to the sump dumps into 2 20’’ bag filters @ 25 microns they sit in 6’’ p.v.c tubes with 2’’ holes drilled in each like Swiss cheese, all the heaters and fans for cooling are at the sump and all works well even with a heavy fish load and a 26’’ zebra moray, nitrates hold around 10 / nitrites are no there or at 0.002 / ammonia is 0 / ph.8.3 alk a little high. The next move is all set I now have a 90 gallon refugium all running for two weeks,, It has 5’’ sand bed (pink fugi live sand / a 30 l.b mountain of cured live rock 2 damsels 2 snails and a good amount of cheta morfa and some sea lettuce and some red stuff. It has been running on a small sump and has two 40 watt 4’ day light bulbs. The nitrate has stayed at 2 for the whole time it has been up. Can I put it in the loop yet and add more snails and critters? The return from the 125 is right over head and I can feed in the water with a ball valve and the over flows will go to the sump. Need some advice on this, thank you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the refugium just has the 30 l.b.s live rock / the 125 has well over 100 and has been up for 9 mnths / thenit is time time to put the 90 gallon in the loop and give it a bio load and see what happens. thanxs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts