The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke the lens today when I was tryign to remove it to clear salt creep.

Anyone know where or how I can get a replacement lens?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
it's just thin acrylic/lexan/plastic right?
I'd go to menards/hd
& get the thickness & a new utility knife...probably cost you less than $10 for all...

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm..

Never thought about being able to get a piece of acrylic and Menards. I will have to try that.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sorry I didn't eplain myself very well. They sell acrylic at the glass replcacment store as well.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
In menards its back by the patio doors and windows. The acrylic knifes are right on the side of that display as well. but Tim is probly right it'll cost you less and no headache to call A-1 on 5th and give them the dimensions and thickness you want.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I didn't even think about a-1 glass the place I'm thinking of is called "Glass Replacement Company" I know they have differn't sizes in stock. Its on 5th also.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Yeah A-1 is doing the baffles for my new sump when I get them the dimensions. The only thing thats gonna cost me a little more is cause i wanted black acrylic instead of the clear stuff.

·
Bears Fan
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, all this in Winona? What a great place to live.

I will contact one of the local companies and get it done.

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had A-1 in LaCrosse cut my glass sump baffles. Cost was about $40. Had I went with acrylic, I would have cut it myself due to the cost...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts