The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hooked on H20
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm placing an order for a fuge light this evening(unless someone has one locally for less ;) and am glad to combine orders for reduced shipping costs.

I'm ordering from http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/ and getting the bulb that
Melev suggests on his site.

Here is the bulb: 1P381651

If you're interested, let me know and we can work out the details.

Chris

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
While that was a great deal in the day. I belive it it more economical to get the three pack from menards/HD which has even more watt/Par. The 6-6.5k bulbs have come down in price and availablility over the last few years.
One nice thing is this one is spotlight style and enclosed (especally good over splashy QT and refugiums).

·
Hooked on H20
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HFG said:
While that was a great deal in the day. I belive it it more economical to get the three pack from menards/HD which has even more watt/Par. The 6-6.5k bulbs have come down in price and availablility over the last few years.
One nice thing is this one is spotlight style and enclosed (especally good over splashy QT and refugiums).
That sounds good too.
Do you have a part number or model I should look for?

Chris

·
Hooked on H20
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Loralie said:
I have these on my fuge and I really like them. My mushrooms in my fuge have doubled since I put these over it. The macro grows like crazy as well
Loralie, do you mean the Melev bulbs, or the home depot bulbs?

Chris

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
both are 5- 6.5 K. The package used to say 6.5 but I think it has been revised. Any of them will grow macro well. I will see what I can dig up... but most of the Menards have one of each buring.. you can't miss the right one.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
What I have in my Bucket-O'-Spares is:
23w / 100w replacement
FEIT Electric brand - Daylight 100
no temp is rated on the package

These are in single packs. I started using them for the extra power.
I am pretty sure I got these at Menards, HD if not.

HTH

·
Reef Society Duluth/Mpls
1,033 Posts
All bulbs are not created equal go with the Melev bulb in the thread. Just any bulb does not measure up trust me I have tried the others. The Melev bulbs are proven winners.

Jim

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a very lightly used 75W version of the "Melev" bulb, ordered from Light Bulbs Inc, it is 5100K. Still have the box it came in. Only used it for one month maximum, at 6 hours a day. Also have a reflector/socket assembly that I was using it in.

Marty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts