The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was given to me. I was told that it didnt need any special care, and didn't need very intense light. It did great in my tank for about a month. Now it barely extends its tenticles and around the edge on the right hand side you can see its slowly dying and turning to a white skeleton.

Any suggestions as to what it need to be healthy would be great. All other corals and life in the tank are thriving by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had him at the bottom on the sand for a while where he seemed to be ok. He was under dual 96 watt pc's. I say "was" because a bulb blew the other day and im waiting for the lfs to get a new on. Now i only have 96 watts of pc, and a 35 watt 50\50 over the tank, so I moved him up to a ledge in the middle. Here's a full tank shot to give a better idea of his location in the tank

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I just got a free one too, from my friend. It looks great in my tank. I have it on the sandbed, which is where they like to be. Where do you have it placed? Try moving it. Feed it once a week and it should do fine.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Petunia said:
I just got a free one too, from my friend. It looks great in my tank. I have it on the sandbed, which is where they like to be. Where do you have it placed? Try moving it. Feed it once a week and it should do fine.
What do I feed it and how? Sorry for my ignorance, but Im only about 8 months into the saltwater hobby and this is my first plate coral. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just feed it what ever you feed your fish ... as the food lands on the plate it will slowly pull the food into its mouth ... its really cool to watch ... I feed mine brine and reef plankton .... I dont target feed him ... what ever the fish eat he will eat ...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
BGJ223 said:
It looks like Fungia to me. I am probably wrong though.
Josh, why the **** are you so negative bout your self? Have some ore confidence in yourself!! You were actually right!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts