The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone its been awhile since I've posted on this forum, but on the the subject...

I really want to add a true "show" fish to my tank. I've been tossing around the idea of going with a Navarchus angel as I've read of success stories online about them. I have an anomone (I think its a pacific) that houses an anemone crab, zoos, green star polyps, mushrooms, and a crocea clam (I'm pretty sure, it was labled as "premium clam). What do you guys think of the idea? I', not worried about the polyps to much, and atleast while the angel is small i'm sure my clowns will keep him away form the mushrooms they are hosting. What I am mostly concerned about it my clam which I've had for about a year now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Administrator
46,845 Posts
Not sure about the angel with a clam but they are large angels, and certainly not in the easy or beginners category. They need large tanks and peaceful companions, good luck if you go for it

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just got a book called Reef Aquarium Fishes by Scott w. Michael. it has over 500 different fish in it it dont list a navarchus angel maybe it got left out or something. or maybe its called something else in the book

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm not a beginner, I've had my current reef for two years, and have worked at an LFS for about that same time (just graduation highschool, starting college). It is also know as the blue girdled angel I beleive. I do have the book reef aquarium fishes, you didn't miss it, it's not listed in there. It is kind of "iffy" but a quick search on google will turn up some success stories. I'm still debating, just wanted to know if anyone hear had any advice or experience. If I decide to do it I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
735 Posts
angel

Look in past issues of Advanced Aquarist magazine on reefcentral. Professor Terry Siegel kept quite a few show type fish in a reef setup. The Navarchus angel was one that has been experimented with quite a bit. They are kinda hit or miss but have a better chance if they are fed multiple times a day so they won't nip at corals. I've been contemplating one myself for my new tank but think I might try a Red Sea Regal instead in my new 310 gallon tank when it is ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts