The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Naso Tang looked completely healthy last night when I fed him, he has no noticeable problems whatsoever. I just saw him today, and he has a HUGE growth on his bottom/side! I have never seen this and have no idea what to do. I do have a clownfish that is somewhat aggressive, but I have never seen him damage any fish like this, if he is the culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I see it more, I am noticing that is the area the naso poops from. I am wondering if somehow it got blocked and an infection has developed. I am no vet or anything, but it makes a little sense

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
well the naso died, surprised I didnt get any responses on this
Sorry for the loss of your fish and that you didn't get a response on this issue. It was a fairly short period of time between your first and second post. We try and get a response to what we know. Sometimes it is simply because someone with your answer hasn't seen the thread. Hopefully the forum can be more timely and of more assistance to you in the future.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
As I see it more, I am noticing that is the area the naso poops from. I am wondering if somehow it got blocked and an infection has developed. I am no vet or anything, but it makes a little sense
Sorry for your loss.
Your thought is a very good possibility.
I had a blenny that did the same thing. He had that same bulge in same area.
Sometimes they might eat something that may not be food and it gets stuck and an infection sets in.

sometimes there is nothing we can do...it sucks...Trust me, I know.

Sorry we did not get to you quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts