The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nano SIG

Well, its my pleasure to host this months meeting. I hope to see lots of you here. Charles has planned a field trip to The Fish Garden in Newnan. I will provide drinks and snacks at my home. Also, all trading and selling are welcome!!!! Just to give me a rough idea of how many to expect, post your numbers here.
Remember, that's Sat. Sept. 27 at 12:00. Directions will be provided soon but its easy.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
It is finally time for the Nano SIG meeting.

This meeting will be held on Saturday, September 27th, at 12:00 noon.

This will be held at the home of Nicole (9fishers)

200 Woodcreek Ln.
Fayetteville, GA

Yahoo Map to Nicole's House

Nicole will furnish Refreshments and a tank or two to galk at. The meeting should last till around 1:30 pm. After the meeting we will field trip to The Fish Garden in Newnan GA. The Fish Garden is another fine ARC sponsor and one of the better reef stores in all Atlanta. We will be able to group purchase a few corals for group fragging.

The Fish Garden
2236 Hwy 34 E.
Newnan, GA
770-252-4022

Yahoo Map to The Fish Garden

Like last meeting this one shoud be a great time for all who attend. Hope to see you there.

If you have any corals or items to trade or sell please list them in this thread.

Also If you have any questions or comments please do so in this Thread.

Charles

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Here are some written directions to Nicole's house.

Directions are sooooo easy!
Take exit 61 off I85
Take 74 toward PTC
Go about 16 miles through PTC
Turn left at the light where the giant white house is
4th street on right -Woodcreek Ln.
10th house on left -200

From 85 its only 3 turns. Left at white house, right at my street,left into my driveway.

Nicole --- I checked The Fish Garden Map and all seems correct. Could you please click on the link to your houses map and make sure it points to the correct location. --- Thanks --- I'm very excited ---- can't wait for the meeting.

Charles

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Unfortunatly I don't think I have anything extra to trade with this meeting. If I come up with something I'll let everyone know.

Sammy33 --- I do have what we had discussed to trade --- I am looking forward to the new filter/heater and I'll come up with a few items for the trade. See ya there. If anything comes up and you can't make the meeting let me know ASAP.

Charles

·
Registered
637 Posts
Man, I wish I could come to this...but once again I am up here in school.....and that weekend I think I am even in Tennessee at the football game!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the Yahoo map. Its really not very clear. Please note, there is a hwy 85 as well as I85.
You will not be on hwy85. Its only:
I85
Hwy 74(about 16 miles to...)
Redwine Rd(turn left, go 1/2 mile or so to.....)
Woodcreek Ln.(turn right on our street, 10th house on left)
Neighborhood entrance has pool/waterslide. If you make it to the 4 way stop, youve gone too far.

I'll send my phone number to those that reply they are coming (in case you lost, I can send out other nano reefers to find you ;) )

Should be a great meeting.....first ones here get to pick the football game for the TV!!!!!!!

PS: Children of all ages welcome!!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
9fishers said:
Should be a great meeting.....first ones here get to pick the football game for the TV!!!!!!!

PS: Children of all ages welcome!!!!
We don't want to pick the football game --- we want first pick of a frag from your tank :D

I will be bringing one 4 YO and maybe a teenager.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nicole- Looking forward to the meeting. I will be bringing my camera to help with the settings on yours.

I can also take some pics of the meeting to put on the ARC site.

Charles - I have your Tetratec 300/heater packed and ready! :beer:

Anyone on this side of town(Lawrencevile/Suwanee area) that wants to ride down to the meeting with me, let me know. Send me a pm or email.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool!!! Sammy!!!! Looking foreward to seeing you then? Want to trade anything?
LMK!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ray (braincoral39) sent me an e-mail and unfortunatly he won't be able to make the meeting --- we are going to miss him.

BUT --- in his place he is sending a nice rock covered in mettalic polyps :D

We get to split this up into as many resonably sized pieces as we can. We can do a lottery style raffle using playing cards like we did at the first meeting.

Of course this all hinges on me meeting up with him to do a trade. I will try and do my best to make this happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well once again I will be out of town...rrrr...I did post that I am looking for some frags though or whole corals. I can meet people outside of the meetings for these if that is ok. Please let me know my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
deyoe757-

If you can make a trade or sale with anyone coming to the meeting, Im happy to "babysit" until you can pick it up.

C'mon everyone!!! So far its just me ,Charles and Sammy. Lets get this party started!!!!

Eric said to let him know if we needed him to order any special coral. Suggestions? Is there a unique color Montipora Cap we might be interested in?

Just LMK!!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Nicole I wouldn't worry about it --- ARC in general allways has a problem with people RSVP'ing or NOT RSVP'ing as the case may be.

As for any special corals I would think a really wild color of zoo's would be the best for everyone (alot of people aren't interested or don't have proper lighting for sps corals in their Nano). Zoo's or shrooms or some type of polyp (of course they would have to have nice coloring --- not brown) is most likely what everyone s going to want to try and group purchase. I wouldn't have him order anything special --- I'm sure we can find something nice in his store to split up. Also maybe a branching LPS --- I will bring all my fragging tools including the dremel.

CHarles

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well right now i am working Piedmont Hospital that morning but will try to get away in time..........so put me as a maybe........

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great Quacker....Look foreward to meeting you. I have a 10g with the 96w pc 50/50, too. Maybe you and I will find something to share. And for those with less light (I have one of those,too) Eric had some nice ricordea rocks last week. I'll check on those and keep you posted. Shrooms......generic colors last time I was in there, zoos pretty much the same. He has a large tank of " nuttin' but frags" and then lots of tanks with full size corals.

Marie, hope you can make it. I dont want to be too outnumbered ;)

Keep the RSVP's coming!

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
9fishers said:
Eric had some nice ricordea rocks last week. I'll check on those and keep you posted.
Hey Nicole. What colors did they have? I may need to make a road trip. All I'm seeing up here is green and brown.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dont remember :( But I'll go up there in the next day or two and let you know!!!! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
RSVP

Well I joined ARC mostly for the nano SIG, but will be out of town the 27th. Bummer! Will definitely catch the next one.

But, for CKReef, is there a meeting place for that event with the speaker yet? I live in the Buckhead area, and my apartment complex has a pretty nice gameroom/clubhouse, that might be good for a meeting. Just a thought. Let me know if there is any interest.

No great tanks to gawk at yet. Unless you count an underlit 18g via aqua with nice xenia, zoos, and shroom frags courtesy cyberchef and the last ARC meeting.

Anyway, will try to make the next nano SIG, and willing to help with the location for a meeting if needed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts