The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nano Setup For Sale **(UpDated With Pics)**

Well i've decided that a nano is too high maintenance for a lazy bum such as myself. Im going to start a bigger FOWLR tank instead, but i need to sell my nano first. I am asking $200 for everthing, which includes:

(1) 10g Tank
(1) Coralife Aqualight 1x96w
(2) Rio Submersable PowerHeads (145gph)
(2) Aquaclear 201 Powerheads
(1) HOB Filter w/ 2 replacement carbon cartridges (Aquatech 5-15)
18 Pounds LR
Green Star Polyps
Green Zoo Polyps
Green Colony Polyp Zoanthus
(3) Xenia Stalks
(1) Halimeda and Shaving Brush Plants
(1) Percula Clown
Couple Turbo Snails
(1) Reef Starter Kit Chemical Additives (Calcium, Iodine, something else.. cant remember)
(1) Bottle Kent PhytoPlex
(1) Bottle Kent CB Part A brand new
(1) Bottle Kent CB Part B brand new
(1) Kent Aquadoser 2.5g
(1) Hydrometer
(1) 50wt Heater
(1) Container marine flake food

email me at [email protected] if interested. Thanks.

-Matt

·
Registered
220 Posts
hmmm so u cant peice it apart? id take that light.......howabout a trade? lol ill give u my lights for yours? i ahve the scaled down version teh 28w att one, but i spose that wouldnt help on a larger tank. hmmm. how much for the percula?

·
Registered
220 Posts
hmmm well acutally maybe trading the lights would wokr, i understand youll want to sell lights with your tank as well so if we trade lights, youd still have a light to sell with the tank?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Nishant, I believe Matt said he wanted to sell it all in one. It would be unfair to ask him to trade down.

However, if you wanted to buy his whole setup, keep the lights and the perc, and parse out the rest, I am sure you could do that.

It can be chaos when the PMs start flying about folks wanting this piece and that piece - been there, done that, lost track of the feeding frenzy. Seller is selling complete - JMO but it might be a good idea to respect that.

Jenn

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah sorry nishant, i want to try to sell it all together first. If no one wants the whole setup, ill have to end up selling it piece by piece. Ill let you know if i decide to. Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
220 Posts
well im sure someone will tahts a darn good deal! the lighting itself new costs 100 and seeing as how it only came out a few months ago it cant be all that old either. good luck!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Please pm me if braincoral hasn't jumped on this deal

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
PufferMatt said:
Well i've decided that a nano is too high maintenance for a lazy bum such as myself. Im going to start a bigger FOWLR tank instead, but i need to sell my nano first-Matt
Matt your killing me boss :rolleyes:

Besides I never understood the maintenance issue.

My 58 gallon was way more maint then my nano ever thought to be. Maybe not in number of chores to do but definatly in amount of time needed for upkeep. If a larger tank is less maint then your Nano it's because your not doing prooper maint on the larger tank --- your just letting it slide cause you can (more water) --- sooner or later that practice will bite you in the butt.

Currently my Nano only requires about 15 min a week and maybe one hour once per month. Other than that I add topoff water in the morning along w/ pre-measured addatives. In a FOWLR you'll spend more than 15 min per week just scrapping Algae off the front glass and that doesn't include water changes ect....

If maint is the real issue your making a big mistake --- but that is JMNSHO

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Nano Setup For Sale

Charles the main issue is that i want a bigger tank (for bigger fish) with normal lighting (for less algae growth). Im pretty broke the majority of the time, so i need the nano money to go towards the new tank. :)

ckreef said:
Matt your killing me boss :rolleyes:

Besides I never understood the maintenance issue.

My 58 gallon was way more maint then my nano ever thought to be. Maybe not in number of chores to do but definatly in amount of time needed for upkeep. If a larger tank is less maint then your Nano it's because your not doing prooper maint on the larger tank --- your just letting it slide cause you can (more water) --- sooner or later that practice will bite you in the butt.

Currently my Nano only requires about 15 min a week and maybe one hour once per month. Other than that I add topoff water in the morning along w/ pre-measured addatives. In a FOWLR you'll spend more than 15 min per week just scrapping Algae off the front glass and that doesn't include water changes ect....

If maint is the real issue your making a big mistake --- but that is JMNSHO

·
Registered
945 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Nano Setup For Sale

PufferMatt said:
(for less algae growth).
I was having a lot of hair algae but got a emerald crab this weekend and and just got home and guess what..............no hair algae..........Yeaaaaaa

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
OK Matt --- Wanting a bigger tank is a whole other issue. I understand now. Remember I sold most of my frags to purchase the Nano --- Your basically just doing the same thing but in reverse.

You did say Maint was the issue which is why I made that other post.

Good luck w/ the sale --- It's a nice setup --- I know whoever buys it will be happy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Already switching to FO puffermatt? You never even came over to see my tank?!?

You know a bigger tank will end up costing you more!

what's costing too much on the nano?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MegaDeTH said:
Already switching to FO puffermatt? You never even came over to see my tank?!?

You know a bigger tank will end up costing you more!

what's costing too much on the nano?
LOL i still want to come see it sometime, yeah i know a bigger tank with cost more, the nano isnt costing too much, i just need some extra money to start a bigger tank.. thats why im selling the Nano. Wanna buy it? :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts