The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 12g aquapod just recently i have noticed this slight problem which i can not get rid of.

I have film on the top of water that wont go away. I just noticed once i added alittle bit of live sand into chamber 1. could this be the problem the adding of the sand? I tried adding a powerhead to agitate the water surface which did correct the problem. But then that caused 2 other problems, 1. being i didnt like the look of a PH hanging in my viewing area of my tank. 2. It ended up being way to much flow, i had sand stirring around on the bottom my corals got ticked cause they were blowing around.

So my options are 1. take the sand out of the chambers. 2. buy a small GPH powerhead to agitate the water surface.

what should i do?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Could you just lower the water line in the tank. If that does not work buy a small powerhead. I had the same thing go on with my tank and I just added a PH. Now im good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you blocked of the lower portion of the vents so the water is forced from the surface instead?
AP12's have built in surface skimmer in them but if the lower vent is not blocked the water picks the path of least resistance

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I had to lower the water level in my jbj so that the filter could skim the top of the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts