The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if other clubs have special nano meetings. The Atlanta Reef Club is having a meeting on sunday and we are going to see where this goes. The idea person (Charles) has come up with something in the Atlanta area that I really think will help out other nanos! We didnt think it would be as popular as it is, we have 17 people so far that are showing interest!

I will keep everyone posted on how things go!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yea I'm really excited about this.

Originally I figured ther would be 5 or 6 of us getting together every once in awhile. I never dreamed on 17 signing up and now it looks like we add another person every day or two.

We'll definatly try and get everyone to start posting in this forum.

Charles

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
It was awesome! Im acclimating my 6 new corals right now!

On the way home I stopped off at Lowe's, got the scrub brush, the super glue gel, a chisel, and some air tubing.

I chiseled one of the huge rocks in half and scrubbed them all down and my wife helped me set them all back up after I removed most of the hair algae from the sand. The corals are all floating in the tank getting used to the temp right now.

Thanks for the meeting everyone it was informative and beneficial.

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Im sure its possible to keep some in there but probably not practicle. Some people I have read keep clams with PC's as oppossed to MH but they have a lot of watts.

This guy has an awesome looking tank with hard corals and clams using PC's but he uses THREE 55 watt bulbs and a 15 watt or the tank. Almost twice the light I have on my tank.

I am not going to keep any clams with this light. I will get a metal halide setup before I keep clams.

Bill

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I agree. I went to MH before I decided to keep clams. They seem to appreciate it too.

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts