The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several pieces I need to get rid of to make more room; I have coral everywhere. I would like to trade some of these for a self contained eclipse system that I can make a fowlr system for my students...if not they are for sale. I should have pics by later tonight or tomorrow (just did a tank scrubbing/what little sand I have left stirring/water change) it is still a little cloudy. I also need a couple smallish power heads (150-250 gph).

Xenia elongata - six 2-3" sized rocks most have two heads on them - $10ea.
Xenia umbellata - 3 pieces, both are double heads except for the one that is attached to the back of a cerith snail - $15 ea (more I can break off if anyone has the need)
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27572&stc=1
Ricordea rock - 3 have powder blue centers with neon green mouths and purple ring, one is powder blue with green mouth. - SOLD
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27571&stc=1
Sarcophyton - two small toadstools (3/4" and 1") - $10-15
Three tiny green/neon blue speckled mushrooms (1/4, 3/8") - $10 for both
One tiny green/neon blue speckled mushroom on rock (1/2") - $10
Orange zoas - Two pieces one has about 7 polyps and the other about 20. very nice color - $15-25
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27573&stc=1
More small misc. of zoas, some neon green and some yellow...

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I figured out how to get the pictures...well sorta. I have to crop the pictures WAY down so that they will be less than 117kb. Is there a way around this??? I see some people have full shots in the post between the text. These came in as a thumbnail. Anyone know how to get them from thumbnail into the text and larger??? Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
im intrested in the orange zoas do you ever make it out towards marrietta? or somewhere more west of covington? how much are you asking for the bigger piece?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The larger one is $25. I will try to get a pic of it for you tomorrow afternoon. I will be at Georgia State M-Th in the afternoons (4:45-7:ish), but school won't start back until the 22nd of this month. I could hold it for you if you like what you see in the picture tomorrow. I may actually get to go to the meeting this month. Will you be there? They are all under 130W of 50/50 so if you have MH they will probably flouresce more.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of the bigger piece...still frustrated because I don't know how to post an attachment larger than 117 kb it is limiting me to. This winds up being a very close shot of only about a third of the polyps. Anyone know how to manage the attachments so that something larger can be posted????

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying. Have any idea as to where to go/how to set a gallery up?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a very close up of the mother of the three mushrooms I have listed above. Click on the picture to see the cool little neon blue dots all over it.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm interested in the Xenia. I'm on the west coast so not sure if you're willing to ship. I'd pay for the shipping costs of course.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which xenia and how many do you want?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I think I have one problem figured out...my camera setting was too high resolution...also figured out how to compress them. These images are a little larger.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
jlscrug said:
Which xenia and how many do you want?
I'm new to Xenia so I just want to make sure...
...the umbellata grow a thick stalk with several polyps growing from the stalk.
... the elongata grows as single long stalks.
if this is correct I'd like the umbellata.
If not, could you describe the differences? possibly pics?
Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are correct. Umbellata is 'pom-pom' and it generally a more compact animal. The elongata is a more rapid growing (at least in my tank) longer animal that likes to branch off and spread all over everything. Unfortunately for you although once acclimated, they are very hearty, they are generally not good shippers and if you only wanted one piece, for what you would pay in shipping, you could find someone more local to you and probably get a five gallon bucket full of the stuff. Try looking on www.frags.org and www.reefcentral.com under the 'coral for sale' section. If you have no luck and really want a piece from Georgia, I can accomodate you. I just think for the money you would be able to get two really nice colonies locally. If you want to see pictures go to my thread 'pictures' and I have a picture of one compartment of my sump full of both kinds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts