The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had to relate the awesome day that my wife made for me this past Saturday. Last week was a particularly stressful week at work, alot of stuff going due to the short work week due to the Labor Day holiday, etc etc. Anyway, by Friday I was fit to be tied and didn't get home till late, had dinner and pretty much went to bed by 9:30pm due to being exhausted.

Well, I guess my wife felt sorry for me and decided to cheer me up with a Saturday dedicated soley to shopping for the tank :dance: :banana: ... for those that don't know I finally got my 180 setup and have been stairing into a glass box full of rock for the better part of 7 weeks while the rock cured and 2 weeks with only one flamehawk and a few corals to look at.

Well we got up Saturday, she told me to get dressed and she was taking me to lunch. We had a great lunch at PF Changs here in Knoxville and then she sprung the surprise of a tank shopping spree, a little side note may clarify the fact that my wife likes the tank, but hates going to the LFS with me as the visit usually lasts between 30min to 2 hours.

Anyway, 4 hours later I came home with:
Powder Blue tang
a school of 4 Lyretail anthias (3 female, 1 male)
Royal Gramma
LawnMower Blenny (that one's for you Fly, and he is really cool)
5 peppermint shrimp
6 turbo snails
12 nessarius snails
12 scarlet reef hermits
blue linka star
burgandy sea star
And about $500 less in her purse (yes folks ... my lovely and wonderful wife bought all my stuff for me)

The tank is now FULL of life and freaking awesome to look at... I'll post some pics for all to enjoy.

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I can get some of the other guys to hold still, I'll post some of the sea stars and the LMB.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
:ac15:holy fright! :ac11: dude that's awesome!!! You'd better remember your wifes over abundance of love come christmas!!!!! :lovebirds: :bow: :queen:

I'd like to see a full front fts please!:thumbup:

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, you better believe that Santa is going to be VERY good to her this year:cool: :D .

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll grab an updated FTS for you tomorrow, my halides and VHO's have gone out for this evening and all the new tennants are getting thier beauty sleep now :D .

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
sounds good! Congrats again!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looking great! drdude. that frogspawn is HUGE

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Oh, you better believe that Santa is going to be VERY good to her this year.
And I suspect she will get something other than a few fish and snails! :agree:

What a great shopping trip, drdude! Did you get those at The Aquarium? Beautiful critters.

I did notice an Aiptasia 'blossom' atop the purple rock next to the Frogspawn. A shot of Kalk paste will take care of that.

Sweet-looking tank with a very nice rock arrangement and healthy corals.

Dick:)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I'm so glad you posted this story. I love to hear about people in love. Great shots as well!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts