The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i finally joined the floating bags club.
just received my marinedepotlive order.

25 astraea
25 cerith
25 nassarius

in about 30 minutes, i'm cutting them open and will start dripping tank water in the bags.

J.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What size tank do you have? So many snails... I only bought a dozen for my 55gal, should I get more?

Babs

·
Registered
267 Posts
I enjoy the snails, I was planning on getting more bumble bee snails... Also, what do you mean by floating them? Acclimating?
Babs

·
Registered
300 Posts
Also, what do you mean by floating them? Acclimating?
Babs
He means that by floating them he is making the water that the critters came in the same temperature as what his tank is, and then by adding water slowly to the bag from the tank it helps get the new inhabitants use to the water chemistry and will not shock or kill them when he finally puts them in the tank. :D

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What size tank do you have? So many snails... I only bought a dozen for my 55gal, should I get more?
it's a 90 gallon.
and it looks like 4 of the astraea arrived are DOA.

He means that by floating them he is making the water that the critters came in the same temperature as what his tank is, and then by adding water slowly to the bag from the tank it helps get the new inhabitants use to the water chemistry and will not shock or kill them when he finally puts them in the tank. :D
exactly!

J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts