The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there is not a lot of online info about them as far as pet care, but here is WetWeb Media's info:

Batrachomoeus ( in places Halophryne) trispinosus (Gunther 1861), the Freshwater "Lionfish", "Freshwater Stonefish". Three-Spined Frogfish. Actually, not a Lion, Stone, nor a Frog, but a Toadfish. Indo-West Pacific; NW Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, New Guinea. To one foot in length. Brackish to marine. Not really freshwater.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/batrachoididae.htm

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
Cool looking fish!

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
I remember when I rescued a toadfish from a FW display, the clerk argued w/ me that they were FW. I have caught the little SOB's (not a pretty as Todd of course) fishing either a reef or maybe it was Indian river inlet. I would think they would be pretty tough little boogers having a tolerence for marine and brackish enviroments. I usually find fish that tolerate brackish to be much hardier than marine fishes. beautiful shots icebear! He must just be photogenic

·
Registered
101 Posts
TOadfish are one of my favorite fish. Whenever we catch them flounder fishing, I always want to take them home. :)

The little ones are even kinda cute.

Great Shots of a Beautiful fish.
~Regal

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! :)

he got lobster for lunch yesterday, we got 10, big live ones on Saturday and i had to share. since he can't have the bisque i made, i saved him 2 claws.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
:drool:, ah, don't tease me like that. I love lobster. WHen I was a young man my dad used to take me to Bar Harbor (or Ba haba) during softshell season and eat 2 lobsters a piece for lunch and again for dinner for like a week. Then we would do some hiking up in acadia.... Its sad that Todd is having a better meal than me LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts