The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20L tank that is set up to be a salt marsh. It has a beach on one end for the fiddler crabs (male/female pair), and has about 10 gal of water (5-6# live rock). Inhabitants include a small green chromis, fiddlers, hermits, astraea snails, and an unidentified greenish filtering crab.

I also have a 10-gallon mantis tank with live rock. Inhabitants include Gonodactylaceus ternatensis male, hermit crabs, astrae snails, hitchhiker gorgonian, brown zoos, and three mushrooms.

I have a 55-gal coming. I'll post more when it's up and running, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, it'll be a while yet.

·
Human grounding probe
1,896 Posts
Pictures baby, we need picture. Share your coolness with the rest of the world. I am just curious as to what the marsh tank looks like.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to take some new pics. The pics I currently have are quite old. I'll see what I can get next week, when things are nice and quiet...no crazy students!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, and I'll be getting a 55 gallon on Saturday. :dance: Here's what I want to keep in it:

approx 90 lbs live rock
one green mandarin dragonette
one purple firefish
two bangaii cardinals
one sunburst anthia

hermits and snails
maybe a cleaner shrimp
perhaps some misc softies

That is if, and only if, the last four fish get along with and don't infringe upon the happiness of the mandarin.

This is going to be a long road, bc due to finances, I'm going to have to add a little (very little) at a time.:doh:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I'm looking forward to the pictures of the salt marsh tank. Thay sound like a great idea. :idea:

·
Human grounding probe
1,896 Posts
Man I am really itchen for some pictures. Either it's that or a rash.

·
Human grounding probe
1,896 Posts
Very good setups. I hated school (very boreing) except for science. Especialy Biology and Zoology in high school. It was the animals and the hands on experience that got me into it. You are doing a very great and underrated job but don't ever quit. If it weren't for a couple teachers not giving up on me I be twice the knucklehead that I am today.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much. They're obviously not very fancy, but it's the uniqueness of their design or inhabitants that I think makes my tanks so special. Like I said, thesalt marsh looks completely different now. I'll try to get some pics today when I go into the school and perhaps some full tank mantis shots.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the 55 is abundant with life now. I have about 100 lbs. (give or take) of live rock--Lalo, Kaelini, and Tonga branch. It is starting to color back up nicely. As for livestock, I have:

Cleaning crew:
about 50 hermits (blue-leg and zebras mostly, one redleg and one scarlet)
emerald crab
skunk cleaner shrimp
nassarius snails
cerith snails
astraea snails

Corals:
shrooms (green striped, purple, hot pink, pastel purple/green)
various zoos
GSP
xenia (elongata)
Pom Pom Xenia
colt
Toadstool
Ricordia
Rodactis
Candy Cane
Kenya Tree

Fish:
pair false percs (more red than orange) prettiest I've ever seen, but I guess all moms say that about their "kids"
lonely bangaii cardinal
Firefish

My camera charger (RIP) is inoperational, so I can't take any pics right now. Maybe I'll check out the school camera and try to take some pics of the 55 and my salt marsh before I break it down and turn it into a 20L mantis tank.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got a new 125. I'll get pics when it is up and running. I plan to connect my 55 as a fuge.

Update on 55:

Cleaning crew:
about 50 hermits (blue-leg and zebras mostly, redlegs and scarlets)
emerald crabs
skunk cleaner shrimp
nassarius snails
cerith snails
astraea snails
monster Mexican turbo
2 monster zebra turbos
2 black brittle stars

Corals:
shrooms (green striped, purple, hot pink, pastel purple/green)
various zoos
GSP
Pom Pom xenia
colt
Toadstool
Ricordia
Rodactis
Candy Cane
Kenya Tree
teeny, tiny baby frogspawn

Fish:
pair false percs