The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised I have taken pictures of my precious ten gallon.This tank has been through hell and back over the last 2 1/2 years. I have battle hair algae nitrates ect ect and lost a tank full of corals twice with the exception of a couple that made it the full duration.I have been sps bound for about 8 months now and in total this ten gallon holds over 27 different types of corals.I have 8 differnt types of snails and a cucumber.I have natural phytoplankton growing along with a very diverse fauna population.

Enough talking heres the pics.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, These were taken yesterday as I was trying to get some top down shots.I thought these pics looked cool as the light was in the background instead of right in front of my fac/camera.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi spsmike!
Wow, awesome!

Couple of questions...
what is the green bubbly one that I see down front?
and
what do you have hanging 1/2 in the water on the left?

blessings,
Renee

·
Registered
405 Posts
WOW, what kind of light is that?

You have done an AMAZING job... Can you detail for us a bit on your setup? Sump, fuge, etc?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rottielover said:
WOW, what kind of light is that?

You have done an AMAZING job... Can you detail for us a bit on your setup? Sump, fuge, etc?

Thanks everyone.

Everything is pretty simple actually.

na-0
ca 500+
alk 10dkh+
mag 1200

I do 1 gallon water changes a week using ro water which takes all of 5 minutes to do.

I use an auto top off that utlizes kalk with vinegar to maintain dkh and ca.The float switch never lets the water drop below a quarter inch.

Thats all there is to it.

No skimmer sump fuge ect.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are you using Power Compact or MH lighting?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The RBTA has been in my tank for over a year and used to wonder like crazy and was even sucked up in the powerhead and half gone.He bleached out at that point, but I nursed him back :) .

As far as lighting im using a sleek coralife 20 inch modded into a 70 watt metal halide with 36 watts of pc true actinic.I documented the mod with pics here:

http://www.saltcreep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=967

On the third page you can see the newest mod which is moving the fan and adding the true actinic pc bulb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VWD said:
I have to say first looks great , but if I was looking te the pictures and You did not post that it was a 10 gal , I would not think it was:thumbup:

Vince
Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
spsmike said:
The RBTA has been in my tank for over a year and used to wonder like crazy and was even sucked up in the powerhead and half gone.He bleached out at that point, but I nursed him back :) .

As far as lighting im using a sleek coralife 20 inch modded into a 70 watt metal halide with 36 watts of pc true actinic.I documented the mod with pics here:

http://www.saltcreep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=967

On the third page you can see the newest mod which is moving the fan and adding the true actinic pc bulb.
****, I could not keep ours alive for more than a week. My maroon clown insisted on washing his *** in it non stop. I hope to get a new RBTA once my 90g is mature.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts