The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of posts about new tanks and their cycles but I've never seen a progression of what the water tests should look like. Hopefully this give some beginners an idea of what to expect when they cycle their tank. I'm by now means an expert but this cycle went pretty flawless and was done in 19 days from dry rock. I used pure ammonia to dose the tank. For bacteria, I had a bottle of I believe Dr. Tim's but it was at least 3 years old. I was a little worried so I used live sand as well just encase the bacteria was dead or expired. With all that said, here are the pics. They are in order,
Day 1,2,5
Day 8,9 and 12.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The last pic is from day 19. We went out of town so I didn't get any samples from day 12-19 but you can see that everything went back to 0.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The last pic is from day 19. We went out of town so I didn't get any samples from day 12-19 but you can see that everything went back to 0.
As I was looking through the pictures I was starting to get worried and then I got to the picture that was with this post and then was no longer worried lol! Glad the stats are better now and it seems about right. The fluctuations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts